Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Zenobia: Empress of the East: "I Am Not My Body. I Am My Mind" (Updated)

Thank you Judith W for this article:  Zenobia: Empress of the East: "I Am Not My Body. I Am My Mind" (Updated) ... for reminding me of when I met Prof Rita Levi-Montalcini at a lecture in 1975(?).

I was in graduate school exploring the fine structure of inter-cellular "social networking" what I dubbed "neuroecology" a decade later at the Hadassah University Medical Center in Jerusalem , Israel (to the amusement of many colleagues and long before it became a field of study in its own right.

Would I say, looking back, that I had erred by not accepting her invitation to visit her lab at Washington University in St Louis?

No regrets.  I was young and foolish, very much in love, newly married, not to be long apart, and St Louis seemed like the other side of the world . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment